Deciding & preparing to have a baby in your life is exciting and challenging at the same time. During this period women experience anxiety, it may be during pregnancy or the postnatal period. During this period the baby inside is exposed to everything the mother is experiencing (sounds in the environment, food mom eats, or the emotions mom feels). Stress & anxiety can affect hormonal balance in your body which would directly affect the development of the baby’s body and brain. Fatherhood is also as challenging as motherhood, this also brings out emotional changes, the balance between work & personal life, etc. Therefore, it is necessary to read tips for the mental health of expecting parents.
Mostly it is good to have extra support from family & friends. It is normal to be anxious and confused when you are becoming a first-time parent, but always seek professional advice if the emotions are extreme and are persistent for more than 2 weeks or more:
- Having negative thoughts & being sad
- Loss of sleep due to negative thoughts
- Anger outbursts
Visit: advice for new dads
“A new baby is like the beginning of all things — wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”- Matthew Jacobson
Tips for Mental Health of Expecting Parents:
- Take rest whenever needed
- Do not overthink the future & recreate old situations
- Learn to identify negative thoughts and replace them with healthier alternatives.
- Set realistic expectations for yourself
- Eat healthy food & on time
- Be active
- Communicate your feelings to your partner, family, or friends
- Ask for help whenever needed
- Connect with expecting parents and support each other
- Accept that pregnancy & new parenthood may not be the same as they hoped for.
Visit: top 10 pregnancy health tips
Hope this article on mental Health of Expecting Parents benefits you in your special journey of parenting!
Keep visiting parentsstuff for more on parenting advice